Cheesy Sausage Baked Gnocchi is the perfect easy weeknight dinner. Loaded with comforting Italian flavors and made in under 45 minutes with less than 10 minutes of hands on time. Only one pan or skillet dinner for an easy clean up.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 2 1lb packages Gnocchi
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, optional for additional spice
- 1 24oz jar Marinara Sauce
- 8oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded or fresh slices or a combo
- 1–2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, optional for garnish
- Preheat Oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook Sausage. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and brown/crumble until it is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Lower heat to low-medium and add the minced garlic. Sauté for an additional minute until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Assemble Gnocchi Bake. In same skillet or transfer to a baking dish, add the gnocchi, marinara, cream, and spices to the sausage and stir to combine. Press into an even layer. Top with cheese.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until gnocchi is tender, sauce is bubbling around the edges and cheese is melted and slightly browned. If the cheese is browning too quickly, you can loosely tent with foil.
- Serve and Enjoy. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh parsley and enjoy.
Leftovers: Leftover baked gnocchi can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Advance Assembly: You can assemble the night before or earlier in the day, store covered in the fridge, and then just pop into the oven when ready for dinner.
Cast Iron Skillet: It is best to not use a new or newly seasoned cast iron skillet for this recipe due to the acidity from the tomatoes. But an enameled cast iron or extremely well seasoned cast iron is fine.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Pasta, Mains
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Cheesy Sausage Baked Gnocchi, Baked Gnocchi, One-Pan Dinner, Gnocchi Bake