This is the ultimate banana bread. Extra moist and loaded with banana flavor. Use up those ripe bananas sitting on your counter and bake up this bread. No mixer needed! Even loaded with coconut and chocolate chips.
- 2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil, vegetable oil can be substituted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups mix-ins, see note
- Preheat Oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two loaf pans or one bundt pan. Or you can use a baking spray that has flour in it.
- Mix Wet Ingredients. In a large bowl, use a rubber spatula or spoon and stir together the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, and vanilla until combined.
- Mix Dry Ingredients. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Fold Wet and Dry. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until combined. Then fold in the mix ins. Divide batter among greased loaf pans.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour. Depending on loaf size. Start checking at 50 minutes, but could take up to 70. The bread is done when it is brown on top, doesn’t jiggle when the pan is shaken, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan while still warm and allow to cool. Serve slices with a good smear of salted butter and enjoy!
Bananas – you want them very ripe! I like mine to be brown/black on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. They should be very easy to mash. The riper, the sweeter!
Mix-Ins: 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, or 1 cup chopped nuts. Pick 2! My preference is 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Moist Banana Bread, Easy Banana Bread Recipe, Coconut Banana Bread, Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Extra Moist Banana Bread