This is the ultimate banana bread. Extra moist and loaded with banana flavor. Use up those ripe bananas sitting on your counter and bake up this bread. No mixer needed! Recipe at KathleensCravings.com #KathleensCravings #bananabread #bananarecipe #baking #fallbaking #bestbananabread #chocolatechipbananabread
- 2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (*)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups mix ins. (1 cup semisweet chocolate chips. 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes. 1 cup chopped nuts. Pick 2!**)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two loaf pans or one bundt pan. Or you can use a baking spray that has flour in it.
- In a large bowl, use a rubber spatula or spoon and stir together the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until combined. Then fold in the mix ins. Divide batter among greased loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour. Depending on loaf size. Start checking at 50 minutes, but could take up to 70. The bread is done when it is brown on top, doesn’t jiggle when the pan is shaken, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan. Serve slices with a good smear of salted butter and enjoy!
*Bananas – you want them very ripe! I like mine to be brown/black on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. They should be very easy to mash. The riper, the sweeter!
**My preferred mix ins are 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: American