These Healthy Chicken Tenders use almond flour for the breading making them paleo and keto friendly! For extra crispy tenders, make them in the air fryer. But they can also be baked in the oven! Easy family friendly meal.
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Tenders, or chicken breasts cut into tenders
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Cooking Spray
Bread the Tenders
- Prepare the Breading. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. In a second medium bowl whisk the almond flour and spices.
- Prepare the Tenders. Pat the chicken tenders dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge Tenders. First, dip a tender in the gg mixture then dredge in the almond flour mixture, making sure the entire surface is covered – pressing almond flour onto the chicken, if needed. Set aside onto a plate and repeat with all tenders.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Prepare Air Fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF. Spray the basket with cooking spray and place as many tenders in the basket that will fit, as long as they don’t touch. Spray tenders with cooking spray to lightly coat.
- Air Fry. Air fry for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. The tenders will be golden brown and read 165ºF as their internal temperature. Repeat until all tenders are cooked.
- Preheat Oven. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake. Place the tenders on your baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes then flip chicken over and cook for another 10-12 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked through (165ºF).
- Category: Air Fryer, Main Dish
- Method: Air Fryer, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air Fryer Chicken Fingers Recipe, Air Fryer Chicken Tenders, Air Fryer Chicken Recipe, Paleo Chicken Tenders