Herbed Lemon Orzo Salad is super easy to make, fresh, and flavorful! It is perfect in the Spring and Summer. Serve alongside roasted veggies, grilled chicken, or fish. Or have on its own!
Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 large lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the Orzo Pasta. First, start the water boiling and cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Prep the Veggies and Herbs. While the orzo cooks, chop up the veggies and herbs. I like everything cut into small, uniform pieces.
- Make the Lemon Dressing. Mix up the lemon dressing ingredients. You can whisk everything together in a bowl or shake it up in a mason jar.
- Toss together the Salad. Toss the cooked orzo, veggies, herbs, and lemon dressing together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy! The salad can be served at room temperature or straight from the fridge. If taking it from the fridge, I prefer to let it sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes first.
Orzo – If you can’t find orzo, you can substitute a different pasta shape. I recommend using another short shape like elbows, penne, rotini, etc.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Meatless Monday, Pasta, Salad, Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Orzo salad, pasta salad, lemon pasta salad