Hot Chocolate Brownies are dense, fudgy, and easily mix up in one bowl. It uses melted butter so no electric mixer is needed. Use your favorite hot cocoa mix, no cocoa powder needed!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 4oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 oz Hot Cocoa Mix, or 6.5 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prep - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 inch metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt Butter and Sugar - Add the butter to a microwave safe mixing bowl. Melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Add the sugar, stir into the melted butter, and microwave again for 30 seconds. Give one more stir and microwave for a final 30 seconds. The goal is for the mixture to start to bubble up.
- Melt in Chocolate - Stir in the chopped chocolate to the butter mixture.. It should melt in the already warmed butter/sugar.
- Whisk in Eggs - Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add Remaining Ingredients - Stir in the flour, hot cocoa mix, and salt to the batter. Mix until just combined.
- Add Batter to Pan - Add the batter to the lined pan, spread out in an even layer.
- Bake Brownies - Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until they are no longer jiggly and a toothpick comes out with no wet batter. Don't over bake!
- Cool and Serve - Allow to cool in the pan before lifting out of the pan and cutting into squares.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 28.6 g
- Sodium: 152.6 mg
- Fat: 16.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.7 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 68.4 mg
Keywords: Hot Chocolate Brownies, Brownies without Cocoa Powder, Hot Cocoa Brownies