This Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken (Pressure Cooker Curry Chicken) is made with pantry ingredients and so simple. An easy curry chicken recipe that just takes chicken thighs, lots of spices, a little honey for sweetness, and coconut milk to make it nice and creamy. It’s also freezer friendly (before or after cooking) and perfect for meal prep.
- 2 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 14oz can Full Fat Coconut Milk, shaken up
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Cooked Rice, for serving
- Add Ingredients. Add all ingredients except for the fresh cilantro to Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Pressure Cook. Add Instant Pot lid, set to sealing, and cook on Manual High Pressure for 6 minutes and allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick releasing the pressure.
- Shred Chicken. Shred chicken and stir to combine with some or all of the sauce, depending on your preference. I like to use lots of sauce and have the rice soak it up.
- Serve. Serve over cooked rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Leftover curry chicken can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Category: Mains, Freezer Meal
- Method: Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Instant Pot Curry Chicken, Curry Chicken Recipe, Curry Chicken Thighs, Instant Pot Chicken Recipe