Korean Chicken Coconut Rice Bowls are flavorful, colorful, and fresh! Chicken thighs are marinated in an easy Korean-inspired sauce and the rice is cooked in a mixture of coconut milk and water.
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2–3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 to 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 to 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Marinate the Chicken: At least 30 minutes before, or even overnight. Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, garlic, and ground chicken. Toss with the chicken thighs either in a large bowl covered with plastic wrap or a resealable bag. Place in the fridge and allow to marinate until ready to cook
- Make the Coconut Rice: In a small pot, bring the rice, coconut milk, water, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to low, cover, and cook until the liquid is absorbed. About 25 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Broil the Chicken: When the rice is cooking, preheat the broiler. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Discard the marinade. Broil for 6-7 minutes before flipping and broiling for another 6-7 minutes, until fully cooked. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Assemble the Bowls: Build the bowls with the cooked coconut rice, shredded cabbage, carrots, sliced chicken, and avocado. Top with sesame seeds, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Mains
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Korean Chicken, Rice Bowl, Coconut Rice, Korean Chicken Rice Bowl, Recipe for Korean Chicken