Roasted butternut squash pasta is an easy fall dinner that is so creamy and comforting. Perfect recipe for vegetarians or meatless Monday. Just roast the butternut squash with onions and garlic then blend up with the remaining ingredients. The sauce even freezes well to enjoy later.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup reserved pasta water, use desired amount
- 1 pound pasta
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, for serving
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, for serving
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add the diced squash, onion wedges, and garlic cloves to a large sheet pan. Toss everything with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat and spread evenly on the pan.
- Roast – Roast the sheet pan for 35-40 minutes until the squash is golden, lightly caramelized, and tender.
- Cook Pasta – While the squash is roasting, cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. IMPORTANT reserve 1 cup of the pasta water at the end to use for the sauce.
- Blend Sauce – Add the roasted squash, onions, and garlic to a large pot or dutch oven. Add the vegetable broth, milk, and about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Use an immersion blender to blend the sauce until smooth, adding additional pasta water as needed. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper, if needed, to taste.
- Toss with Pasta – Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve – Sprinkle the pasta with grated Parmesan Cheese and chopped parsley.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Oven, Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Butternut squash pasta recipe, recipe for butternut squash pasta, roasted butternut squash