Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is the ultimate comfort recipe. Hearty, comforting, and perfect for cold weather. Let your crockpot do the work. Just add all the ingredients and let it cook all day.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced into rounds or half moons
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1.5lbs
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the Ingredients. In a large slow cooker, add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, chicken stock, chicken breasts, bay leaves, thyme, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred Chicken and Add Noodles. Remove the chicken breasts and chop or shred with two forks. Add back into slow cooker. Add in egg noodles and stir together. Making sure the noodles are submerged in the liquid. Recover the slow cooker and cook for another 5-10 minutes on low until the noodles are just tender.
- Serve and Enjoy. When the egg noodles are cooked, stir in the lemon juice and fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Egg Noodles will continue to cook in the hot soup. If you prefer noodles that are not as soft, you can also cook them separately on the stove (following package directions) and ladle into individual bowls of soup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Category: Main Dish, Slow Cooker, Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup, Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup