Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is a family favorite and perfect to serve a crowd. Cooking a pork shoulder in your crockpot with barbecue sauce and spices results in super tender and flavorful shredded pork. Pile the bbq pulled pork on some buns and top with your favorite coleslaw.
- 3–4 lb. boneless pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Mix Sauce. In a bowl, mix up all ingredients except for the pork shoulder and chopped onion. Season with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add to Slow Cooker. Add chopped onion and pork shoulder to slow cooker. Pour over the sauce and stir it around and flip the pork over a few times to coat.
- Slow Cook. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours. The pork is done when it is very tender and shreds very easily with just two forks. It should practically fall apart.
- Shred. Remove pork and shred then stir back in to the amount of juices that you’d like. You can stir it into all the juice or just use a little bit if you want it to be less wet.
- Enjoy! Store or serve and enjoy.
Leftover pulled pork can be refrigerated for 4-5 days or frozen for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Mains
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, Pork Shoulder Crock Pot, Pork shoulder slow cooker, Easy slow cooker bbq pulled pork, BBQ pulled pork