This Sugar Cookie Mug recipe uses just a few simple ingredients and cooks in a mug right in the microwave. The recipe makes one mug cookie so it’s perfect for a single serving dessert. Mix in your favorite sprinkles for a festive, sweet treat!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- Small pinch of salt – omit if using salted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon sprinkles. Optional.
- In a microwaveable mug, add the butter and microwave to melt (about 30 seconds).
- Add the sugar to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract – stir to combine.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and sprinkles until combined.
- Microwave the mug for 40 seconds to 1 minute until the cookie is risen and is just set. I like to start at 40 seconds and continue in 5 second intervals until done.
- Let cool a couple of minutes and enjoy! The mug cookie is best enjoyed right away, it will dry out faster than regular oven-baked cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American