This Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad is filled with tons of crunch, texture, and tossed together with a delicious homemade Sesame Dressing. It’s an easy plant based recipe that is super colorful!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced then the slices cut into thirds
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, about 3 green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 lime, juiced. About 1 tablespoon
- Cook Quinoa – Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Prep Ingredients – Chop up the ingredients as listed.
- Sesame Dressing – To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a mason jar, seal the lid, and shake well to blend. Or you can whisk up in a bowl.
- Toss Salad – Toss all ingredients in a large bowl with the dressing. Taste, and add salt if needed (I used about a pinch).
- Serve or Store – Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Meatless Monday, Sides
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Thai Quinoa Salad, Vegan Quinoa Salad, Quinoa Salad Recipe, Plant Based Grain Salad,