Ready in 30 minutes, this Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad is fresh, colorful, and filling. Packed with protein and perfect for meal prep. Tossed in an easy homemade sesame dressing. Serve as is or add a protein and serve as a side dish. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced, then the slices cut into thirds)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup cooked edamame (I buy the bag of frozen edamame and cook according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cashews (roughly chopped)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Chop up the ingredients as listed.
- To make the dressing: Add all ingredients to a food process, blender, or using a whisk in a medium bowl. Combine ingredients.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl with the dressing. Taste, and add salt if needed (I used about a pinch).
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday, Sides
- Cuisine: Asian