This Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad is the perfect plant-based meal or side dish. Ready in just 30 minutes. Filled with tons of crunch and texture and tossed together with a delicious homemade Sesame Dressing. Best part is that it tastes even better the next day, so it’s the perfect vegan meal prep. With ingredients such as: Bell pepper, red cabbage, carrots, edamame, and cashews, how could it not be delicious?!
What’s in this Vegan Quinoa Salad:
- Quinoa 🙂
- Shredded Red Cabbage
- Shredded Carrots
- Sliced Bell Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sliced Green Onions
- Chopped Cashews
- Homemade Sesame Dressing
This Quinoa Salad is so fresh, colorful, and filling! I love how easy it is to customize. Don’t like a certain ingredient… leave it out! Super fan of another ingredient… Add more! I find this salad super filling. Lots of protein rom the quinoa, edamame, and cashews. And volume and fiber from all the veggies. But, you can certainly add a protein.
What can I serve this with?
- I have a Thai Kale Salad on the blog and the Roasted Shrimp its paired with would be AWESOME on the side of this Quinoa Salad. You can find the recipe here.
- Grilled Chicken
- Baked Tofu to keep it vegan. Gimme Some Oven has a great recipe!
Lately I’ve been loving the non-lettuce based salads. I find tossing grains such as quinoa, farro, barley etc. with lots of veggie goodness fills me up so much! But, you still can feel good about fueling your body with healthy, clean ingredients. Tell me, what’s one of your favorite non-lettuce based salads? And if you do make this recipe, let me know how it goes!
Ready in 30 minutes, this Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad is fresh, colorful, and filling. Packed with protein and perfect for meal prep. Tossed in an easy homemade sesame dressing. Serve as is or add a protein and serve as a side dish. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced, then the slices cut into thirds)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup cooked edamame (I buy the bag of frozen edamame and cook according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cashews (roughly chopped)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Chop up the ingredients as listed.
- To make the dressing: Add all ingredients to a food process, blender, or using a whisk in a medium bowl. Combine ingredients.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl with the dressing. Taste, and add salt if needed (I used about a pinch).
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday, Sides
- Cuisine: Asian