Roasted Shrimp Thai Kale Salad
This Roasted Shrimp Thai Kale salad is light and refreshing, yet filling and big enough to serve a crowd. Filled with lots of crunch and color. Not to mention all the nutrients from the variety of mix-ins. This is one of those “everything that is good in one bowl type of meal”. Not to mention it’s all tossed together with a yummy homemade Sesame Dressing.
Why I LOVE this Thai Salad:
- Lots of texture and crunch! The cashews provide crunch, and the peppers and carrots provide a crisp fresh bite. Add in a bite of juicy mango. This is no boring soggy salad.
- The delicious yet surprisingly easy dressing. The Sesame Dressing may seem like it has a lot of ingredients, but I had them all on hand already! It uses garlic and ginger powder so no need to buy the fresh stuff, just raid your spice rack.
- It will convert even Kale skeptics. We aren’t huge kale people. I’ll add it to smoothies or soups occasionally, but I typically have to force Marcus to eat it :). Not this salad! Once I convinced him to try a bite, he practically took the whole giant salad bowl and sat on the couch with a fork!
- Quick cooking shrimp take just 5 minutes to roast!
- Finally, look at all that COLOR
First, let’s start with the shrimp. I like to keep life easy and just buy the 2lb bag of peeled and deveined shrimp. I like tail off for easy eating, but tail on is fine too! Thaw them out and toss the patted dry shrimp with garlic powder, ground ginger, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Pop them on an olive oil greased baking sheet and roast for about 5 minutes. Set aside until the salad is ready.
Seriously look at that color and texture! The ‘hardest’ part about this salad is prepping all the delicious add ins. Make your life easy and buy pre-prepped when you can! I buy pre-shredded carrots and pre-shredded kale. For the bell peppers, you can also pre-buy sliced or do it yourself using a sharp knife, a mandoline, or even a spiralizer. I promise all the slicing and dicing is so worth it!
Now invite some friends over, grab the biggest bowl you have, and toss together this chopped kale salad. I promise it will quickly become a favorite.