This Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug recipe uses just a few simple ingredients and cooks in a mug right in the microwave. The recipe makes one mug cookie so it’s perfect for a single serving dessert. It cooks in under 60 seconds and is ready to be topped with some ice-cream or served with a glass of milk.
- 1 tablespoon butter, salted or unsalted
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, light or dark
- Pinch of salt, omit if using salted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe mug, melt the butter. It takes about 30 seconds.
- To the melted butter, stir in the white and brown sugars.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 40 seconds to 1 minute until just set.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie in a mug, microwave chocolate chip cookie, single serving chocolate chip cookie, cookie in a mug, mug cookie