This Gingerbread Mug Cake recipe uses just a few simple ingredients (no eggs) and cooks in a mug right in the microwave. All the flavors of classic gingerbread is a fun single serving cake. Perfect treat for the holiday season. I love topping this Festive Mug Cake with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
- 4 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Canola Oil, or other neutral oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Dark Molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Whipped Cream and Caramel Sauce, optional toppings
- Make Batter. Combine all ingredients (except for whipped cream and caramel sauce) in a microwave-safe mug. Use a fork or small whisk to mix until smooth.
- Microwave. Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute until just set.
- Cool and Enjoy. Allow to cool slightly, top with whipped cream and caramel and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert, Cake
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Microwave Mug Cake, Mug Cake No Egg, Gingerbread Mug Cake, Holiday Mug Cake, Christmas Mug Cake, Single Serving Cake