All made in one-pot at one time. Just a 5 minute cook time. AND using affordable ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! This easy pasta with meat sauce is hearty, delicious, and budget friendly.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef
- 1 small to medium Yellow or White Onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 15oz can Beef Broth
- 1 24-oz jar Marinara Sauce
- 8 ounces Penne Pasta
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Sliced Fresh Basil and Grated Parmesan. Optional, for serving
- Sauté the Beef, Onions, and Garlic. Set your Pressure Cooker to the high sauté setting. Heat the olive oil. Add the ground beef and onions. Sauté and crumble while it all cooks. About 3-5 minutes until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for one minute more. Drain excess fat.
- Add Remaining Ingredients. Turn off the Pressure Cooker. Add beef broth. Scrape any browned bits off the bottom. Stir in marinara sauce, spices, salt and pepper to taste, and pasta.
- Cook on High Pressure. Close lid, set valve to sealing, and set the Instant Pot to 5 minutes on High Pressure.
- Release Pressure. When the time is up, allow to natural release for 5 minutes. Then do a controlled quick release (see notes). When pressure is released, turn off instant pot and serve.
- Serve and Enjoy! Sprinkle on sliced basil and parmesan cheese, if desired.
Instant Pot: I use an 8qt Instant Pot, but a 6qt would also work. I have not tested in a smaller size than the 6qt.
Pasta: I used regular, white pasta. Cook time may need to be adjusted if you use whole wheat or other alternative pasta.
Controlled Quick Release: Slightly open the valve in small bursts. If liquid spurts out, then close valve and natural release for another minute or two. Do controlled, quick bursts before opening valve all the way.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Instant Pot Bolognese, Instant Pot Pasta with meat sauce, Instant Pot Bolognese Pasta, Pressure Cooker Pasta recipe