All made in one-pot at one time. Just a 5 minute cook time. AND using affordable ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! This easy pasta with meat sauce is hearty, delicious, and budget friendly. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com #KathleensCravings #InstantPotPasta #OnePotPasta #InstantPotBolognese #InstantPotMeatSauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small to medium yellow or white onion (diced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups beef broth (1 can)
- 1 24-oz jar marinara sauce (use your favorite!)
- 8 ounces penne pasta (half a box (see notes))
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- sliced fresh basil and grated parmesan (optional, for serving)
- Set your Pressure Cooker to the high sauté setting. Heat the olive oil. Add the ground beef and onions. Sauté and crumble while it all cooks. About 3-5 minutes until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are translucent. About 2-3 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for one minute more. Drain excess fat.
- Turn off Pressure Cooker. Add beef broth. Scrape any browned bits off bottom. Stir in marinara sauce, spices, salt and pepper to taste, and pasta. Close lid, set valve to sealing, and set the Instant Pot to 5 minutes on High Pressure.
- When the time is up, allow to natural release for 5 minutes. Then do a controlled quick release (see notes). When pressure is released, turn off instant pot and serve. Sprinkle on sliced basil and parmesan cheese, if desired.
Instant Pot: I use an 8qt Instant Pot, but a 6qt would also work. I have not tested in a smaller size than the 6qt.
Pasta: I used regular, white pasta. Cook time may need to be adjusted if you use whole wheat or other alternative pasta.
Controlled Quick Release: Slightly open the valve in small bursts. If liquid spurts out, then close valve and natural release for another minute or two. Do controlled, quick bursts before opening valve all the way.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian