Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Quinoa Bowls are the healthy dinner your whole family will love or are perfect meal prep. Let the Instant Pot do the work cooking the chicken thighs while you prepare the easy cilantro lime quinoa. Using pantry staple ingredients makes this super easy to make.
Ingredients for the Salsa Chicken Thighs:
Making salsa chicken in the Instant Pot is easy and flavorful! You can also make the chicken and the rice together with this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken & Rice recipe.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Salsa - use your favorite!
- Ground Cumin
- Can of Corn Kernels
- Can of Black Beans
First, add the chicken thighs, salt, cumin, and salsa to your Instant Pot. Stir together and cook on Manual High Pressure for 20 minutes. Allow to Natural Release for 5 minutes before Quick Releasing the pressure.
Next, shred the chicken thighs and add the corn and beans. If using canned, you'll want to rinse and drain before adding.
That's it! Serve the shredded salsa chicken with cilantro lime quinoa and any other toppings of choice.
Ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Quinoa:
- Lime - Zested and Juiced
- Fresh chopped cilantro
All you have to do is cook the quinoa according to package directions then mix in the lime juice, zest, cilantro, and salt. That's it!
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Quinoa Bowls are a healthy weeknight dinner or an easy meal prep. Let the Instant Pot do the work cooking the chicken thighs while you prepare the easy cilantro lime quinoa. Using pantry staple ingredients makes this super easy to make.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1.5 cups salsa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 14oz can corn kernels (rinsed and drained)
- 1 14oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- additional toppings (Avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, etc.)
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- To your Instant Pot, add the chicken thighs, salsa, cumin and salt. Mix together, add lid, and set to sealing. Cook on Manual High Pressure for 18 minutes. Natural Release for 5 minutes then Quick Release.
- Shred the chicken thighs with two forks and stir in the corn and beans.
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- When quinoa is done cooking, pour into a bowl and stir in the lime zest, juice, cilantro, and salt. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Assemble the chicken and quinoa into bowls. Top with any desired toppings. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you are new to using the Instant Pot, I recommend first doing the "Water Test" to learn how your pot works. This helps clear up the confusion with Natural vs Quick Release, how the pot comes to pressure, etc.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 577
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 1251.2 mg
- Fat: 12.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 69.2 g
- Fiber: 13.6 g
- Protein: 49.8 g
- Cholesterol: 159.8 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Salsa Chicken, Salsa Chicken Bowls