Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy and so easy to make. Much faster than cooking on the stove. Cook the potatoes and mash them all in your pressure cooker. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 3 lbs russet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 3–4 cups water (enough to just cover the potatoes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (divided)
- 1/4 cups unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup Milk (nonfat, 2%, or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped parsley or chives (optional for garnish)
- Add the potatoes and water to instant pot. The water should just cover the potatoes. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Place lid on Instant Pot, set valve to sealing, and cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes. When done cooking, allow to natural release for 2 minutes, then quick release the pressure.
- Drain the potatoes and add them back to the instant pot. With Instant Pot on warm setting, add the butter, milk, sour cream, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Mash and stir potatoes until desired consistency is reach. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve potatoes with herbs and a big pat of butter on top, if you’d like. Enjoy!
- Category: Instant Pot, Sides
- Cuisine: American