Instant Pot Curry Lentils are healthy, filling, creamy, slightly spicy, and perfect for meal prep. You can feel good about eating these. They’re made with clean ingredients, plant based, vegetarian, and easily made vegan if you omit the butter. This meal is perfect for an easy meatless Monday dinner or for meal prep all week long. Serve with rice, quinoa, or even cauliflower rice for a complete meal.
Ingredients for the Instant Pot Curry Lentils:
- Red Curry Paste
- Spices: Garam Masala, Curry Powder, Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper, Kosher Salt
- Minced Garlic
- Crushed or Grated Ginger
- Canned Tomato Sauce
- Coconut Milk
- Butter – Optional, omit to make vegan
- Rice – For serving. Cauliflower Rice or Quinoa would also be a great substitute.
- Fresh Cilantro – For serving.
These Instant Pot Lentils couldn’t get any easier. Just dump the ingredients (except the coconut milk, butter, rice, and cilantro) in the Instant Pot. Give it a stir and cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes (this means you just let it sit), then quick release the remaining pressure.
I love making these lentils for meal prep. They’re quick and easy to make and reheat well. The recipe makes a hearty 6 servings so you’re covered for the week! Not to mention it’s a healthy and filling meal.
I find these lentils to have slight heat, but I don’t consider them spicy. If you really like spice, go ahead and update the cayenne pepper! If you don’t want any heat, you can reduce the cayenne pepper or omit all together. Totally up to you!
I use the 8qt Instant Pot Duo, but this recipe would also work well in a 6qt Instant Pot.Print
Instant Pot Curry Lentils are healthy, filling, creamy, slightly spicy, and perfect for meal prep. Serve with rice for a meatless, plant based meal. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com #instantpot #lentils #curry #mealprep #instantpotmealprep #currylentils #veganmealprep #meatlessmonday #plantbased #cleaneating
- 1 1/2 cups brown lentils
- 1 medium white or yellow onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne peper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed or grated ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1 14-oz tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional, to finish)
- 1 1/2 cups white rice (cooked according to package directions)
- chopped fresh cilantro (for serving)
- Place all ingredients except for the coconut milk, butter, rice, and cilantro in the Instant Pot. Stir to combine. Cook on Manual High Pressure for 15 minutes. Allow pressure to Natural Release for about 10 minutes then Quick Release the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the coconut milk and butter, if using. Taste and adjust salt if needed and cayenne if more heat is desired.
- While the lentils are cooking, cook the rice according to package directions.
- Serve the lentils with rice and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.
Leftovers can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for 5 days.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Cuisine: Indian