Easy No-Knead Cheese Bread uses an amazing dutch oven method that requires just 5 ingredients and less then 10 minutes of prep. You’ll want to make this dutch oven bread every week! Nothing better than cheesy bread. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese (cut into small 1/4 inch dice)
- parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and yeast. Toss in the cubed cheese so the cubes are coated in the flour. Slowly mix in the warm water using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mix until just combined. The dough will be very sticky and shaggy looking. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let rest for 12-16 hours in a warm, dry place (I keep it on my kitchen counter).
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F with a rack in the middle of the oven. Place your large dutch oven (no smaller than 4qt) in the oven while it preheats allowing the pot to heat up for 30 minutes.
- When the dutch oven is preheated, transfer the dough to a large piece of parchment paper. Quickly remove the dutch oven from the oven and carefully lift the parchment paper into the dutch oven. Put the lid back on and put back into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on. Remove the lid and bake uncovered for an additional 20 minutes until the dough is golden and has a hard crust.
- Carefully remove the parchment and bread from the dutch oven and allow to cool before slicing or tearing the bread. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No Knead Bread, Dutch Oven Bread, Cheese Bread, Easy Yeast Bread, Easy Bread Recipe