Bread making and baking with yeast can be scary and intimidating, but fear no more. This easy No-Knead Cheese Bread uses an amazing dutch oven method that requires barely any prep work on your part. Seriously just 5 ingredients, less than 10 minutes of prep, and you’re on your way. This Dutch Oven Bread is going to blow your mind and is there anything better than Cheesy Bread?! I think not!
What You’ll need to make this recipe:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Active Dry Yeast
- Lukewarm Water
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese – A chunk that we cut into small cubes.
- Parchment Paper – This is essential for lifting the bread dough into the preheated dutch oven.
- Dutch Oven – I used my 4qt Staub Dutch Oven but a larger dutch oven will also work. Just don’t use anything smaller than a 4qt.
Want to see how easy this bread is? Watch this video!
Step by Step:
- Mix up the dough. Just whisk together the flour, salt, and yeast. Toss in the cubed cheddar cheese and slowly stir in the warm water.
- That’s it! Cover with a towel and let sit for 12-16 hours. The dough will rise and double in size.
- When almost ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and preheat the dutch oven for 30 minutes. We want the dutch oven nice and HOT!
- Transfer the dough to a large piece of parchment paper and quickly and carefully lift into the preheated dutch oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven with the lid on for 30 minutes then remove the lid and bake for another 20 minutes. The bread will be golden brown and very crusty.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get new recipe notifications straight to your inbox as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! Click Here!Print
Easy No-Knead Cheese Bread uses an amazing dutch oven method that requires just 5 ingredients and less then 10 minutes of prep. You’ll want to make this dutch oven bread every week! Nothing better than cheesy bread. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese (cut into small 1/4 inch dice)
- parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and yeast. Toss in the cubed cheese so the cubes are coated in the flour. Slowly mix in the warm water using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mix until just combined. The dough will be very sticky and shaggy looking. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let rest for 12-16 hours in a warm, dry place (I keep it on my kitchen counter).
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F with a rack in the middle of the oven. Place your large dutch oven (no smaller than 4qt) in the oven while it preheats allowing the pot to heat up for 30 minutes.
- When the dutch oven is preheated, transfer the dough to a large piece of parchment paper. Quickly remove the dutch oven from the oven and carefully lift the parchment paper into the dutch oven. Put the lid back on and put back into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on. Remove the lid and bake uncovered for an additional 20 minutes until the dough is golden and has a hard crust.
- Carefully remove the parchment and bread from the dutch oven and allow to cool before slicing or tearing the bread. Enjoy!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No Knead Bread, Dutch Oven Bread, Cheese Bread, Easy Yeast Bread, Easy Bread Recipe