Pork Egg Roll Bowls are an easy one-pan dinner that takes just 15 minutes to make! Low carb and keto friendly as well. Tastes just like an egg roll without the wrapper. The two main ingredients are just pork sausage (or ground pork) and a bag of coleslaw mix. So simple for a takeout-inspired dinner! Keto and Paleo Friendly!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1lb pork sausage, or ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- sesame seeds, optional for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté the Onions. In a large skillet, heat to medium and add the sesame oil. Add the diced white onion and the whites of the sliced green onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Cook the Pork. Add the ground pork sausage. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the sausage, crumbling and browning, for 3-5 minutes. When the sausage is almost fully cooked (just a little pink left), add the garlic and ginger. Continue to cook for 1 minute until the pork is fully cooked (no pink remaining) and the garlic and ginger is soft and fragrant.
- Add Coleslaw. Add the coleslaw mix to the skillet along with the soy sauce and sriracha. Sauté everything together until the coleslaw mix is softened and everything is combined. About 3-5 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve and Enjoy. Top with the greens of the green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish, One Pan
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Egg Roll Bowl, Keto Egg Roll Bowl, Paleo Egg Roll Bowl, Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe