Pork Egg Roll Bowls are one of my favorite low-carb, pork recipes. It’s simple, just a few ingredients, and healthy. Best of all, it has all the flavors of the pork egg rolls from your favorite Chinese takeout spot, with none of the frying. This recipe can also be Whole30 compliant! Substitute the soy sauce for coconut aminos, use a Whole30 compliant Sriracha (or omit) and you’re good to go! A perfect easy, satisfying recipe for your New Year health goals.
Ground pork sausage and a bag of coleslaw mix (yup, that easy) are the two main ingredients. We also add garlic, ginger, sesame oil and a few other flavor changers The flavor of these Pork Egg Roll Bowls is so on point, that you’ll think you’re biting into a fried version from your favorite Chinese restaurant.
This is an easy clean up meal, because everything gets cooked up in one big skillet! This Pork Egg Roll Bowl is also quick to make. Under 30 minutes! I love to eat this with just a fork or spoon, but it’s also AWESOME spooned into lettuce cups. Heck, I’ve even had it for breakfast with a sunny-side up egg on top! An awesome recipe for any meal.
These Pork Egg Roll Bowls check all the boxes. Simple, healthy, low-carb, ready in under 30 minutes, and even can be Whole30 compliant. Can you ask anything more from a takeout, fakeout recipe? Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 medium white onion (diced)
- 5 green onions (sliced, whites and greens separated)
- 1 lb pork sausage (or ground pork)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (crushed or minced, can substitute 1/2 teaspoon dry ground ginger)
- 1 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (omit for Whole30, or use compliant version)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (sub coconut aminos for Whole30)
- sesame seeds (optional, for topping)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large skillet, heat to medium heat and add the sesame oil. Add the diced white onion and the whites of the sliced green onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the ground pork sausage. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the sausage, crumbling and browning, for 3-5 minutes. When the sausage is almost fully cooked (just a little pink left), add the garlic and ginger. Continue to cook until the pork is fully cooked (no pink remaining) and the garlic and ginger is soft and fragrant.
- Add the coleslaw mix to the skillet along with the soy sauce (or coconut aminos) and sriracha (if using). Sauté everything together until the coleslaw mix is softened and everything is combined. About 3-5 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Top with the greens of the green onions and sesame seeds, if using. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian