Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates are a super easy 3-ingredient appetizer that is perfect for a party or the holidays.
The best combination of salty and sweet that will be your new favorite party appetizer!
Why I love this recipe!
- 3 Ingredients - Recipes that only use a few ingredients are the best and make grocery shopping super easy.
- Perfect Party Appetizer - The toothpicks make these a great finger food option for your next holiday party.
- Salty and Sweet - The sweetness of the dates paired with the salty bacon and creamy goat cheese is out of this world.
How to Make Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
It is so easy to make these bacon wrapped dates! A delicious and easy party appetizer.
- Cut Dates - Start by slicing the dates lengthwise to form a slit. Remove and discard the pits.
- Stuff Dates - Stuff each dates with some of the goat cheese and press the sides of the dates close.
- Wrap Dates - Slice the bacon in half and wrap each date with a piece, securing with a toothpick.
- Bake - Bake in the preheated oven until the bacon is browned.
- Serve - Serve warm soon after baking.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Medjool Dates - Medjool dates are considered a fresh fruit and can be found in the produce section. They are different than Deglet Noor dates as Medjool dates are larger, darker, and have a softer, chewier texture.
- Bacon - I recommend using classic cut bacon or thinner. Thick cut bacon will have a hard time crisping up in this recipe.
- Goat Cheese - I used a plain goat cheese log to stuff these dates. Honey goat cheese would also be great!
Can these bacon wrapped dates be prepped in advance?
Yes, this recipe is make ahead friendly! You can stuff and wrap the dates in bacon up to a day before baking. Store them in the fridge, covered in plastic wrap, until ready to bake.
- Goat Cheese: I like to use plain goat cheese for this recipe, but you could also use honey goat cheese
- Drizzle a Topping: You can eat these plain or they're great drizzled with some warmed honey or balsamic glaze. For a fun kick, make a batch of the hot honey from this recipe.
- Top/stuff with Nuts - To add some crunch, you can add some nuts to the goat cheese stuffing or sprinkle chopped nuts on top. Almonds and walnuts are a great choice.
Other Appetizer Recipes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus - Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto with fresh parmesan, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Pesto Feta Phyllo Cup Appetizer - Store-bought phyllo cups make this recipe so easy. Filled with a tasty pesto feta cream cheese filling that you can even prep in advance.
- Puff Pastry Brie Bites - Only 4 ingredients and perfect for your next holiday party and there are lots of variation ideas.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Divide the Goat Cheese Log- To easily tell how much goat cheese to use, I like to quickly slice the log into 16 chunks so each date gets an equal amount of goat cheese.
- Make Ahead Friendly - You can assemble up to 1 day in advance and store in the fridge.
- Use Thinner Bacon - I recommend using classic cut bacon or even slightly thinner. Thick cut bacon will have a hard time getting crispy.
Leftovers, Storage, and Reheating
Leftovers and Storage: The dates are best served warm or at room temperature soon after baking, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Reheating: I recommend reheating in the oven. Place the dates on a baking sheet and warm in a 350 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates are a super easy 3-ingredient appetizer that is perfect for a party or the holidays. The best combination of salty and sweet that will be your new favorite party appetizer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 dates
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 16 medjool dates
- 4 ounce goat cheese log
- 8 slices bacon, classic cut or thinner
- 16 toothpicks
- Preheat - Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut Dates - Slice the dates lengthwise on one side to create a slit that can be opened. Remove and discard the pits.
- Stuff Dates - Cut the goat cheese log into 16 pieces, for easy dividing. Stuff a piece of the goat cheese into the cavity of each of the dates. Press the goat cheese in and press the sides of the date together to close.
- Wrap Dates - Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each date with a slice of bacon. The bacon should overlap slightly. Use a toothpick to secure.
- Bake Dates - Place the dates on a baking sheet (that has raised edges to contain grease) and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the bacon is browned and crispy. You can flip the dates over halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
- Serve - Immediately remove the baked dates from the hot pan and place on a paper towel lined plate for about 5 minutes to cool and soak up the grease. Serve soon after baking while they are still warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: Goat Cheese Bacon Dates, Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates, Easy Party Appetizer
Loved these as a party appetizer!