Puff Pastry Bites with Brie are an easy appetizer that use only 4 ingredients. They're perfect for your next holiday party and there are lots of variation ideas.
Melted brie cheese in buttery, flaky puff pastry along with sweet apple butter (or cranberry sauce or jam) and chopped pecans for some crunch! The best festive flavors paired in an easy recipe. Perfect alongside other holiday appetizers like Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, Pesto Feta Phyllo Cup Appetizer, or 4-Ingredient Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters or festive drinks like this Cranberry Moscow Mule or Cranberry Gin Cocktail.
⭐Why I Love it
- Only Four Ingredients
- Easy to Eat Finger Food - I love serving appetizers that are a finger food and easy for guests to eat.
- Puff Pastry - Found in the freezer section. One box typically has two sheets which is what is needed for this recipe. Also try making this puff pastry xmas tree!
- Brie Cheese - Creamy brie melts so well and is the perfect flavor pairing
- Apple Butter - Or Pumpkin Butter, Cranberry Sauce, or a Jam/Jelly, of choice.
- Chopped Pecans - You can swap in another nut of choice or omit for allergies.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Other Filling Ideas: Apple Butter, Pumpkin Butter, Cranberry Sauce, Pepper Jelly, Raspberry Jam, Apricot Preserves, Fig Jam,
- Other Toppings: Chopped Pecans or Almonds, Chopped Fresh Rosemary, Flaky Sea Salt
🔪Step By Step Instructions
It is so easy to make these mini Puff Pastry Bites with Brie! You can even get the kids to help with the assembly. Make sure to thaw your puff pastry in advance!
Photo 1 - Cut the brie into small cubes - about ½ inch cubes. Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheets and cut into squares. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Press a square into each tin.
Photo 2 - Add a cube of brie to each puff pastry square.
Photo 3 - Sprinkle each cup with chopped pecans.
Photo 4 - Bake in the preheated oven until the puff pastry is golden brown and the brie is melted and slightly bubbly.
🍽Leftovers, Storage, and Reheating
Leftovers and Storage: Leftover Brie Bites can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating: I recommend reheating in the oven. Place the Brie Bites in a mini muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees F until warmed.
- Pop the Brie in the Freezer - Brie is a creamy cheese that can be tricky to dice, but chilling in the freezer for about 15 minutes makes it so much easier to cut.
- Make Ahead Friendly - You can fully assemble the Brie Bites in the muffin pan and store in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking.
- Don't Forget to Thaw your Puff Pastry In Advance! I recommend doing this in the fridge, according to the package directions.
Puff Pastry is made from a laminated dough, or a dough that is made with alternating layers of dough and butter. It is light, flaky, and buttery. The dough 'puffs' up when baking in the oven. You can make it yourself or buy at most grocery stores in the freezer section.
While you can remove the rind, you don't need to! The rind is edible and it is far less noticeable when the brie is baked and melted.
🥖Related Appetizer Recipes
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Puff Pastry Bites with Brie
Puff Pastry Bites with Brie are an easy appetizer that use only 4 ingredients. They're perfect for your next holiday party and there are lots of variation ideas. Melted brie cheese in buttery, flaky puff pastry along with sweet apple butter (or cranberry sauce or jam) and chopped pecans for some crunch!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 48 bites
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces brie cheese, chilled in freezer for 15 minutes
- 1 cup apple butter, or pumpkin butter, cranberry sauce, or jam
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Prep - Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray one or two mini muffin pans with cooking spray. You can bake in two batches, if needed.
- Cut Brie Cheese - Cut the brie into small cubes - about ½ inch cubes. I like to stick the brie in the freezer for 15 minutes first so it's easier to slice and dice.
- Cut Puff Pastry - Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheets and cut into squares. This recipe makes 48 bites so each sheet should be cut into 24 squares. To do this, cut each sheet lengthwise into 4 strips then crosswise into 6 strips.
- Assemble Brie Bites - Press a square into each tin, add a cube of brie, spoon over about a teaspoon of the apple butter (or other filling of choice) and sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Bake - Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until the puff pastry is golden brown and the brie is melted and slightly bubbly.
- Serve - Serve warm soon after baking.
- Serving Size: 1 brie bite
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 56.5 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 7.3 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 4.7 mg
Keywords: Puff Pastry Brie Bites, Easy Holiday Appetizers, Mini Brie Bites