Spicy Seasoned Pretzels will be your new favorite game day or party snack! Just break up some sourdough pretzels, toss in oil and spices, then bake at a low temperature. They last for several weeks, making them a perfect make ahead option! Keep a batch on hand for an impromptu party or even package up in a mason jar for a simple hostess gift. The spice is extremely customizable – so adjust to your preference!
What You’ll Need for this Recipe:
- Sourdough Pretzels – I like to use these from Snyder’s. They come in both a bag and a box (pictured below).
- Canola Oil – or vegetable oil
- Spices – Lemon Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Dill, and Ground Cayenne Pepper
Tips and FAQs!
Check out this quick video!
How long do these last?
They stay fresh for a long time! They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.
Making these a great make ahead option for when you need an easy party snack. Or you can even package up in a mason jar with a ribbon for a simple gift.
Can you use thinner pretzels?
You can use thinner pretzels, such as mini pretzels. But I find that the spices stick better to thicker pieces so I find the sourdough to be a much better option.
I don’t like spice, how spicy are these?
You can very easily adjust the spice! The spice comes from the cayenne pepper, so you can easily use less or omit all together!
As written, these are a medium spice level.
What other spices can I use?
Feel free to experiment! You can add more or less of a given spice, or try adding other favorites! Ranch seasoning is another great addition!
Some other fun recipes using pretzels!
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- 3-Ingredient Pretzel Hugs
- Cheddar Dijon Baked Pretzel Chicken Tenders – The Creative Bite
- Sweet & Salty Popcorn Mix – The Rising Spoon
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get new recipe notifications straight to your inbox as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! Click Here!Print
Spicy Seasoned Pretzels will be your new favorite game day or party snack! Just break up some sourdough pretzels, toss in oil and spices, then bake at a low temperature. They last for several weeks, making them a perfect make ahead option! The spice is extremely customizable – so adjust to your preference!
- 13–16oz Sourdough Hard Pretzels, I used Snyder’s
- 3/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper, to spice preference
- Preheat Oven to 225 degrees F.
- Break up the Pretzels. Break up the pretzels into bite size pieces. Place pieces in a gallon bag (or large bowl).
- Add Oil. Add canola oil to the bag, seal, and shake to coat the pretzels.
- Add Spices. Add the spices, seal, and shake again so everything is evenly coated.
- Add to a Baking Sheet. Spread coated pretzel pieces in an even layer on a baking sheet. Use a second sheet if needed, to avoid overcrowding. For easier clean up, you can line the sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes – give the pretzels a quick stir and move around every 15 minutes or so. Bake until golden brown.
- Cool and Enjoy. Allow pretzels to cool before enjoying!
Leftovers: Leftover pretzel pieces can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up 2-3 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spicy Seasoned Pretzels, Seasoned Pretzels, Seasoned Pretzel Bites, Sourdough Pretzel Recipe