Spicy Seasoned Pretzels will be your new favorite game day or party snack! Just break up some sourdough pretzels, toss in oil and spices, then bake at a low temperature. They last for several weeks, making them a perfect make ahead option!
Keep a batch on hand for an impromptu party or even package up in a mason jar for a simple hostess gift. The spice is extremely customizable - so adjust to your preference! They're a great option to add to your party spread along with Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Dip or Caramelized Onion Dip.
⭐Why I Love It:
- Easy Pretzel Recipe - Pretzels are such a good crowd pleaser in any form! I also love these dessert recipes for Rolo Pretzel Turtles and 3-Ingredient Christmas Pretzel Hugs.
- Simple Ingredients - All you need are store bought pretzels, oil, and spices.
- 10 Minutes of Prep - The prep to get these seasoned pretzels in the oven to bake couldn't be easier!
- Sourdough Pretzels - I like to use sourdough hard pretzels from Snyder's. They come in both a bag and a box (pictured below).
- Canola Oil - or another neutral oil like vegetable oil or avocado oil
- Spices - Lemon Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Dill, and Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Spice Level - The spice level is super customizable! Just add more, less, or omit the cayenne pepper to suit your tastebuds.
- Double Batch - It's super easy to make a double batch! You can use two sheet pans and just rotate the pans in the oven about halfway through baking so they bake evenly.
🔪Step by Step Instructions
Photo 1 - Start by preheating the oven to a low temp and break apart the pretzels into bite size chunks. Add to a bag or bowl and toss with the oil and spices.
Photo 2 - Spread the oiled and seasoned pretzel pieces on a sheet pan and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
🍽Leftovers and Storage
They stay fresh for a long time! They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.
Making these a great make ahead option for when you need an easy party snack. Or you can even package up in a mason jar with a ribbon for a simple gift.
You can use thinner pretzels, such as mini pretzels. But I find that the spices stick better to thicker pieces so I find the sourdough to be a much better option.
You can very easily adjust the spice! The spice comes from the cayenne pepper, so you can easily use less or omit all together! As written, these are a medium spice level.
Feel free to experiment! You can add more or less of a given spice, or try adding other favorites! Ranch seasoning is another great addition!
🥨Related Appetizer Recipes
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Spicy Seasoned Pretzels
Spicy Seasoned Pretzels will be your new favorite game day or party snack! Just break up some sourdough pretzels, toss in oil and spices, then bake at a low temperature. They last for several weeks, making them a perfect make ahead option! The spice is extremely customizable - so adjust to your preference!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 13-16oz Sourdough Hard Pretzels, I used Snyder's
- ¾ cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoon Dried Dill
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper, to spice preference
- Preheat Oven to 225 degrees F.
- Break up the Pretzels. Break up the pretzels into bite size pieces. Place pieces in a gallon bag (or large bowl).
- Add Oil. Add canola oil to the bag, seal, and shake to coat the pretzels.
- Add Spices. Add the spices, seal, and shake again so everything is evenly coated.
- Add to a Baking Sheet. Spread coated pretzel pieces in an even layer on a baking sheet. Use a second sheet if needed, to avoid overcrowding. For easier clean up, you can line the sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes - give the pretzels a quick stir and move around every 15 minutes or so. Bake until golden brown.
- Cool and Enjoy. Allow pretzels to cool before enjoying!
Leftovers: Leftover pretzel pieces can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up 2-3 weeks.
- Serving Size: 2-3oz
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 573.8 mg
- Fat: 21.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Spicy Seasoned Pretzels, Seasoned Pretzels, Seasoned Pretzel Bites, Sourdough Pretzel Recipe