Spicy Seasoned Pretzels will be your new favorite game day or party snack! Just break up some sourdough pretzels, toss in oil and spices, then bake at a low temperature. They last for several weeks, making them a perfect make ahead option! The spice is extremely customizable – so adjust to your preference!
- 13–16oz Sourdough Hard Pretzels, I used Snyder’s
- 3/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper, to spice preference
- Preheat Oven to 225 degrees F.
- Break up the Pretzels. Break up the pretzels into bite size pieces. Place pieces in a gallon bag (or large bowl).
- Add Oil. Add canola oil to the bag, seal, and shake to coat the pretzels.
- Add Spices. Add the spices, seal, and shake again so everything is evenly coated.
- Add to a Baking Sheet. Spread coated pretzel pieces in an even layer on a baking sheet. Use a second sheet if needed, to avoid overcrowding. For easier clean up, you can line the sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes – give the pretzels a quick stir and move around every 15 minutes or so. Bake until golden brown.
- Cool and Enjoy. Allow pretzels to cool before enjoying!
Leftovers: Leftover pretzel pieces can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up 2-3 weeks.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spicy Seasoned Pretzels, Seasoned Pretzels, Seasoned Pretzel Bites, Sourdough Pretzel Recipe