Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings are an easy snack for your big game party! These chicken wings are so simple to make with an easy easy dry rub of pantry staple spices and baking powder to make them crispy. Then after air frying, just toss with an easy garlic parmesan butter sauce.
These Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are super tender on the inside and coated in a flavorful garlic sauce. If you want to make a spread of other chicken wings, try these Air Fryer Buffalo Wings, or Baked Sticky Korean Wings.
⭐Why I Love Them:
- Healthier - Making chicken wings in the air fryer is a healthier option than traditional frying.
- Fun Party Appetizer - These will be a hit at any game watch party! Try serving them with other easy snacks like Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip, Spicy Seasoned Pretzels, or Caramelized Onion Dip.
- Garlic Parmesan Sauce - The garlic parm butter sauce is what takes these wings over the top!
I love that this recipe uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients.
- Chicken Wings - separated into the flats and drums. You can buy them like this (my preferred choice) or do it yourself. Here's a tutorial for how to cut chicken wings.
- Canola Oil - or other high heat oil like avocado oil
- Spices - Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper
- For the Garlic Parmesan Sauce - All you need is melted butter, grated parmesan, garlic powder, and dried parsley (or fresh). Just mix it up while the wings cook and toss the wings in the sauce.
- Oven instead of Air Fryer - These can be baked instead of air fried, but they won't be quite as crispy. I recommend baking in a 400˚F preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, flipping halfway through. Until fully cooked and golden brown. Then toss with the garlic parmesan sauce and serve.
🔪Step by Step instructions
Photo 1 - If needed, split and trim your wings and then pat dry. Next, toss the wings with the olive oil and spices.
Photo 2 - Add wings to the air fryer, giving a little space in between. Air fry for about 20 minutes (time will vary) until fully cooked.
Photo 3 - Wings are fully cooked when the internal temperature measures at least 165 degrees F and are golden with crispy skin.
Photo 4 - Mix up the garlic parmesan sauce in a bowl then mix the wings with the sauce and serve.
- Dry the Wings - Before seasoning the wings, you want to dry them well with paper towels. Removing excess moisture helps them get crispy in the air fryer.
- Don’t Crowd Them - You want the wings in an even layer in the air fryer basket (not piled on top of each other). Depending on your air fryer size, you may need to work in batches or you can bake them in the oven (see Variations section above).
An air fryer is essentially a compact countertop convection oven. A fan circulates the hot air at a quick speed which creates a crispy layer on foods without needing to fry in oil.
Yes! I often make 2-3 pounds of wings to feed a crowd. But you will need to air fry them in batches. If you crowd your air fryer, instead of cooking in an even layer, the wings will not get as crispy.
It takes about 20 minutes to cook chicken wings in the air fryer. But the time will vary on how many wings are in your fryer, for example if you use less wings and have lots of space for the hot air to circulate then they will cook faster.
Baking powder causes a Maillard reaction which helps gives the wings a golden brown and crispy skin without having to fry in oil.
🍽Leftovers and Storage
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days. For best results, I like to reheat in the air fryer (lined with foil so the sauce stays contained) at 350 degrees until warmed or in a 375 degree oven on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet.
🍗Related Air Fryer Recipes...
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings are an easy snack for your big game party! These wings are so simple to make with an easy easy dry rub of pantry staple spices and baking powder to make them crispy. Then after air frying, just toss with an easy garlic parmesan butter sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
For the Wings
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken wings, see note
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoons Baking Powder
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dry Wings: Pat dry the chicken wings and add to a medium bowl.
- Toss Wings: Toss the dried wings with the oil and spices
- Air Fry: Add the wings to air fryer basket in an even layer (do two batches, if needed, see note). Air fry for 18-20 minutes at 375˚F. After the time is up, the wings should be fully cooked (165˚F) and crispy. Depending on your air fryer and size of wings, you can raise the heat to 400˚F for 2-3 additional minutes to crisp up more. The wings should be crispy and golden.
- Sauce: Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl and mix in the remaining sauce ingredients. Toss the cooked wings with the sauce. As the wings and sauce cool the sauce will be less 'wet and sticky'.
- Enjoy: Serve the wings warm and enjoy!
Sauce Quantity - The garlic parmesan sauce is meant to make enough for 1.5 lbs of wings. If you make closer to 1 lb of wings, then you will have a little extra sauce. You can either still toss the wings with all of the sauce, or reserve a little sauce and serve on the side.
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 407 mg
- Fat: 21.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 24.9 g
- Cholesterol: 91.4 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings, Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings