As we say goodbye to summer, we enter another very exciting season – tailgate season. I am not known to be in the know about football. Don’t ask me questions about which players I like or which are the best teams in the league. What I do know a lot about? The tailgate, football party food! And what is the king of all game watch party foods? DIPS! This Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is cheesy, gooey, warm, and perfect for your game watch. And even better – it’s all made in your slow cooker. No last minute party prep. Mix it up ahead of time and let your slow cooker take it from there.
Let your slow cooker do the work – throw in your dip ingredients a few hours before your party and you’re good to go! When it’s time to serve, you can either scoop out of the crock pot and into a serving dish, or I often leave it in my slow cooker so the dip can remain warm.
Now let’s talk what we’re going to dip into our Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip. Some of my favorites are pita chips (the Garlic Parmesan Pita Chips from Trader Joe’s are awesome in this), tortilla chips, or a baguette sliced up. Or all of the above! What would you serve with this slow cooker dip?
Warm, cheesy, gooey Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip made in your crock-pot! An easy, crowd pleasing, appetizer perfect for your holiday party, game watch, or tailgate. Serve pita chips, tortilla chips, or sliced baguette with this creamy, hassle free slow cooker dip. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 13.75 oz can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 8 ounces baby spinach (chopped)
- 8 ounces brick cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 cup sour cream (light or full fat. Plain greek yogurt can be substituted)
- 1 cup shredded mozerella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup yellow onion (finely diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced. About 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients either in your slow cooker insert, or mix in a large bowl and transfer to your slow cooker insert. Cover with the slow cooker lid and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours. The dip will be warm and slightly bubbling. Give everything a good stir and either transfer to a serving dish, or set the slow cooker to warm to serve.
I have a small 2qt Crockpot that this dip fits perfectly in. But this can be made in a larger slow cooker as well.
- Category: Appetizer, Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American