Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings are an easy game day snack! These wings are so simple to make with an easy easy dry rub of pantry staple spices. Then after air frying, just brush or toss with your favorite buffalo sauce (store-bought or homemade).
These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings have a super crispy skin but are moist and tender on the inside. Ranch is my favorite, store-bought or homemade ranch, or blue cheese dressing is another popular choice. I like to add them to a platter with carrot and celery sticks to also dip into the dressing.
⭐Why I Love Them:
- Healthier - Making buffalo wings in the air fryer is a healthier option than traditional frying.
- Ready in 30 Minutes
- Panty Staple Ingredients - All you need are chicken wings, simple spices, a little oil, and buffalo sauce.
I love that this recipe uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients.
- Chicken Wings - separated into the flats and drums. You can buy them like this (my preferred choice) or do it yourself. Here's a tutorial.
- Canola Oil - or other high heat oil like avocado oil
- Spices - Garlic Powder, Paprika, Salt and Pepper
- Buffalo Sauce - Store-bought or homemade (here's a buffalo sauce recipe!) Do not use regular hot sauce as that is much spicier than Buffalo wing sauce. You can use the leftover buffalo sauce to make this Healthy Buffalo Chicken with Greek Yogurt, Firecracker Ground Chicken, or Buffalo Chicken Bowls.
- Oven instead of Air Fryer - These can be baked instead of air fried, but they won't be quite as crispy. I recommend baking in a 400˚F preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, flipping halfway through. Until fully cooked and golden brown. Then toss with the buffalo sauce and serve or broil for just a minute or two.
- Other Spices - The wings are tossed in just a few simple spices - paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. But you could experiment with other spices. Like these Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings that are coated in lemon pepper and garlic. Or, since the wings are being toss in buffalo sauce, you could make them even simpler with just salt and pepper - if that's all you have on hand.
🔪Step by Step instructions
Photo 1 - Prepare the Wings. If needed, split and trim your wings and then pat dry. Next, toss the wings with the olive oil and spices.
Photo 2 - Add wings to air fryer, giving space in between. Air fry for about 20 minutes (time will vary) until fully cooked.
Photo 3 - Either toss the cooked wings or use a brush to apply the buffalo sauce, being sure to coat both sides. Then I like to pop them back into the air fryer for just two minutes.
Photo 4 - Serve with your favorite dipping sauce - ranch or blue cheese dressing is a classic choice.
An air fryer is essentially a compact countertop convection oven. A fan circulates the hot air at a quick speed which creates a crispy layer on foods without needing to fry in oil.
It all depends on the buffalo sauce the you use. If you're making your own homemade buffalo sauce, you can just use more melted butter vs hot sauce to make the sauce more mild.
Yes! I often make 2-3 pounds of wings to feed a crowd. But you will need to air fry them in batches. If you crowd your air fryer, instead of cooking in an even layer, the wings will not get as crispy.
It takes about 20-23 minutes to cook chicken wings in the air fryer.
🍽Leftovers and Storage
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days. You can reheat them in the microwave or in the air fryer to restore their crispiness.
🍗Related Air Fryer Recipes...
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Making chicken wings in the air fryer only take about 20 minutes and just a few ingredients. These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings have a super crispy skin but are moist and tender on the inside. Toss with your favorite buffalo sauce and enjoy! Serve with carrots, celery, and ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1lb Chicken Wings, split into flats and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce, not just regular hot sauce
- Dry Wings. Pat dry the chicken wings and add to a medium bowl.
- Toss Wings. Toss the dried wings with the canola oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Air Fry. Add to air fryer basket in an even layer (do two batches, if needed, see note). Air fry for 20 minutes at 375˚F, flipping halfway. After the time is up, the wings should be fully cooked (165˚F) and crispy.
- Buffalo Sauce. Either use a large bowl and toss the wings with the sauce, or use a brush to brush the wings with the buffalo sauce. Air Fry again at 400˚F for 2 minutes so the sauce gets just slightly bubbly.
- Serve and Enjoy. If desired, you can brush with any remaining sauce. Serve with dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!
If you air fry in batches, I recommend wiping out the grease in between to avoid smoking.
- Serving Size: 4oz
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 629.8 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 g
- Protein: 25.1 g
- Cholesterol: 64.6 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings, Buffalo Chicken Wing Recipe, Air Fryer Chicken Wings