Make an easy Puff Pastry Christmas Tree with just THREE ingredients – store-bought puff pastry, Nutella, and an egg for the egg wash! Dust with powdered sugar for a snowy effect. Buttery, flaky, and a holiday party ready presentation.
- 1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 egg yolk
- Powdered Sugar, optional for dusting
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cut Tree – Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheets and cut both into the shape of a Christmas tree. I like to use a star cookie cutter to cut out two stars from the scraps.
- Spread Nutella – Spread the Nutella on top of one of the trees and a little over one of the stars. Layer the second tree and star over the Nutella. Press the star piece on top of the tree.
- Cut Branches and Twist – Cut slits on both sides going up the tree – about an inch apart leaving the middle of the tree intact. Twist each strip of layered puff pastry – twist twice if you can.
- Brush with Egg Wash – In a small bowl whisk up the egg yolk with about a teaspoon or two of water. Brush the tree with the egg wash.
- Bake – Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Serve – Let the tree cool for 5-10 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar and serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Puff pastry tree, puff pastry holiday recipe, puff pastry Christmas recipe, puff pastry Nutella tree