Pumpkin Energy Bars are like Pumpkin Granola Bars meets a cookie dough texture. Clean ingredients and no-bake! Store in the freezer for a healthy, sweet snack. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter (*)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted*)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup to make vegan)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (*)
- 2–3 tablespoons chocolate chips (melted. Optional as drizzle. *)
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan or dish and line with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate to a food processor. Pulse until well mixed and combined. It will be a thick mixture.
- Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and pulse a few more times until they are chopped up.
- Spread mixture into baking dish and drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
- Place in the freezer and freeze until solid (at least 45 minutes). Cut into 10 bars. Individually wrap each bar with plastic wrap and store in the freezer until ready to eat. Let them thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before eating.
If you would like these to be vegan, you’ll need to use dairy-free chocolate chips. Here is a great option from Amazon
- Category: Dessert, Meatless Monday, Snack
- Cuisine: American