Vegan Pumpkin Energy Bars are like Pumpkin Granola Bars meets a cookie dough texture. Best of all? These pumpkin bars are made with clean ingredients and no-bake! Pumpkin puree, almond butter, oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and more just get mixed up in a food processor. Pop in the freezer until solid and you have a healthy, yet sweet, vegan snack for fall.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Energy Bars:
- Rolled Oats. Also called Old Fashioned Oats.
- Pumpkin Puree. Just from a can. Be careful not to use pumpkin pie filling.
- Almond Butter. You could also use Peanut Butter, but I haven’t personally tested it. Hello peanut allergy 🙂
- Chia Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds. I used unsalted, but if you only have salted, that’s fine! Just add less salt of your own.
- Vanilla extract.
- Honey or maple syrup to make them vegan.
- Chocolate chips. And if you want, a couple tablespoons extra to melt and drizzle over the top. If you want these bars to be vegan, you’ll need to use dairy-free chocolate chips like these. Or you can omit the chocolate.
- Pinch of salt.
Why I love these healthy, pumpkin granola bars?
- Clean Ingredients! The sweetness comes from honey or maple syrup. Fiber from the oats, seeds, and pumpkin. AND protein from the nut butter.
- No baking! I love not having to turn on my oven which in turns heats up my whole apartment.
- Quick to make! Just a few seconds of pulsing in the food processor and less than an hour in the freezer.
- They keep for months! Because these are best stored in the freezer, they’ll last for up to 3 months. But trust me, you’ll eat them before then.
- No long thawing needed. I personally love these cold. So I grab one from the freezer and let it thaw for just a few minutes before eating. You certainly could let them come more to room temperature though.
- Vegan! All you need to do is use maple syrup instead of honey and use vegan chocolate chips and you have some delicious vegan sweet treats.
Pumpkin Energy Bars are like Pumpkin Granola Bars meets a cookie dough texture. Clean ingredients and no-bake! Store in the freezer for a healthy, sweet snack. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter (*)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted*)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup to make vegan)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (*)
- 2–3 tablespoons chocolate chips (melted. Optional as drizzle. *)
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan or dish and line with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate to a food processor. Pulse until well mixed and combined. It will be a thick mixture.
- Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and pulse a few more times until they are chopped up.
- Spread mixture into baking dish and drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
- Place in the freezer and freeze until solid (at least 45 minutes). Cut into 10 bars. Individually wrap each bar with plastic wrap and store in the freezer until ready to eat. Let them thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before eating.
If you would like these to be vegan, you’ll need to use dairy-free chocolate chips. Here is a great option from Amazon
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Meatless Monday, Snack
- Cuisine: American