Crispy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are golden and crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside. Dice up some potatoes, toss with oil and spices, then air fry! They cook super quickly for a quick breakfast or brunch.
These crispy air fryer breakfast potatoes are perfect served with scrambled eggs, bacon, and other favorites. Some of my other favorite breakfast pairings is air fryer breakfast sausage, air fryer bacon, or an onion and pancetta quiche.
⭐Why I Love It:
- Fast Cooking - They cook in only 15 minutes!
- Crispy Potatoes - The potatoes are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and golden brown.
- Simple Spices - You probably have the spices in your pantry!
- Potatoes- I used russet potatoes but you can use other potatoes. For other recipes to use up russet potatoes try these air fryer parmesan potatoes, hasselback potatoes, or air fryer baked potatoes.
- Olive Oil - You can swap in another cooking oil, such as avocado oil or canola oil.
- Spices - Garlic Powder, Paprika, Salt, Pepper.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
There are so many variations when making breakfast potatoes, including just mixing up the spices. Here are some different seasoning ideas:
- Parmesan - After air frying, toss the hot potatoes with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Spice - For a kick, add red pepper flakes or ground cayenne pepper.
- Dried Herbs - Try adding some dried parsley or dried oregano.
- Lemon - After cooking, toss with lemon zest.
🔪Step by step instructions
Photo 1 - Scrub and dry the potatoes then cut into a small, uniform dice. No need to peel the potatoes. Add the diced potatoes to a bowl and drizzle with the oil and sprinkle on the spices. Toss together so all the potatoes are evenly coated.
Photo 2 - Add the seasoned potatoes to the air fryer basket in an even layer. If you're making a big batch, you can air fry in two batches. Keeping the potatoes in a layer without piling them up too much helps get them crispy.
Photo 3 - Air fry the potatoes until they are fork tender and golden. I like to give the basket a shake or two during cooking.
Photo 4 - Serve immediately while still warm. You can sprinkle with some fresh chopped herbs.
- Cut into Uniform Dice - The key to evenly cooked potatoes is cutting them into a similar size. I like to do a small dice (about ½ inch) so they cook quickly.
- Don't Skimp on Oil - Make sure to evenly distribute the oil. This helps get the potatoes nice and crispy.
- Shake Halfway - I like to give the air fryer basket a shake about halfway through cooking to evenly cook the potatoes and ensure all sides get brown and crispy.
🍽Storage and Reheating
- Storage - Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating - Leftovers can be reheated in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes until warmed.
You do not need to boil potatoes before making breakfast potatoes in the air fryer!
These are great served with your favorite breakfast foods - eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. For the potatoes themselves, some favorite condiments are ketchup, hot sauce, and salsa.
Some recipes recommend soaking potatoes before cooking. This is because it can draw out some of the starch and give you crispier results. But in this recipe for breakfast potatoes, no soaking is necessary!
🥔Related Air Fryer Recipes...
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are golden and crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside. Dice up some potatoes, toss with oil and spices, then air fry! They cook super quickly for a quick breakfast or brunch. Perfect served with scrambled eggs and bacon!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: Side, Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 12-16oz russet potatoes, 1-2 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prep - Scrub and dry the potatoes then cut into a small, uniform dice. No need to peel the potatoes.
- Season - Add the diced potatoes to a bowl and drizzle with the oil and sprinkle on the spices. Toss together so all the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add to Air Fry - Add the seasoned potatoes to the air fryer basket in an even layer. If you're making a big batch, you can air fry in two batches. Keeping the potatoes in a layer without piling them up too much helps get them crispy.
- Air Fry - Air fry the potatoes at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Give them a shake one or two times during cooking. The potatoes are done when they are fork tender and golden.
- Serve - Serve while still warm.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes until warmed.
- Serving Size: ½ of the recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 319.6 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, Breakfast Potatoes in Air Fryer