Loaded with crunch and texture, this slaw is super easy to toss together. Our broccoli, apples, nuts, and dried cranberries are tossed together with an apple cider vinaigrette. No mayo in this slaw! Perfectly fresh and a great transition dish into fall as apple season begins!
Go ahead and add a protein (chicken apple sausage would be GREAT) and you’ve got yourself a full meal.
So easy to throw together – thanks to the store-bought broccoli slaw. All you have to do is chop up your apples, mix up your dressing, and toss everything up.
Mayo free this slaw is easy to toss together. The Apple Cider Vinaigrette adds the perfect sweet tang to bring everything together. Perfect use for store bought Broccoli Slaw mix – just add apples, dried cranberries, and some nuts. Just add a protein and you’ve got yourself a full, fresh, and healthy meal. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 12 oz bag broccoli slaw (I buy mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 medium apples (chopped)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (I love almonds or walnuts in this)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon musturd
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium bowl (or the bowl you’ll be making your slaw in), whisk together the Vinaigrette ingredients. Toss the dressing with the slaw ingredients. Enjoy 🙂
The slaw holds its crunch much better than lettuce so this keeps pretty well for a couple of days, the only thing that doesn’t keep as well is the apples may get a little brown. I have no problem eating the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American