These Best Fudgy Brownies are for the chocolate lovers. Dense, fudgy, thick, and loaded with chocolate flavor. Adding chocolate chips adds melty chocolate to every bite and chopped walnuts add a little texture and crunch. Not only are these brownies my absolute favorite, they are easy to make and only use 1 bowl. Move over box mix, you'll be reaching for this recipe any time a sweet tooth hits.
These are my go-to, absolute favorite brownies. If I'm known for anything, it's these brownies. It's been almost exactly two years since I started this little food blog, and this brownie recipe was one of my very first posts. A lot has changed in two years, and I've made these brownies probably a dozen times since then, but the recipe still remains the exact same. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Ingredients for these Fudgy Brownies:
- Semisweet Chocolate - I prefer to use a bar of chocolate and not chips as the bar melts better. If you don't have chocolate, I have another recipe for Hot Chocolate Brownies that uses hot cocoa mix!
- Butter - I used unsalted butter. If you only have salted butter, that's okay. Just use a little less kosher salt.
- White Granulated Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- All-Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips and Chopped Walnuts
- Line with Parchment Paper - My biggest tip, line your pan with a strip of parchment paper. I know it seems like an extra step. But it is so helpful. Once your brownies are baked and cool you can lift them out of the pan and cut into squares. Not only will you get cleaner cut brownies, but you won't scratch up your pan by cutting in the pan itself.
Want another brownie recipe? Check these out!
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Best Fudgy Brownies
The Best Fudgy Brownies for chocolate lovers. Dense, fudgy, thick, and loaded chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Far better than the box mix but still only made with 1 bowl. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 9 large brownies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick. Chopped. Plus additional butter for greasing pan.)
- 1 ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (you can omit and add extra chocolate chips too)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a double boiler (a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water) melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. When melted, remove bowl and set aside to cool slightly. About 5-10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is cooling, grease an 8×8 baking pan with butter. Add in a strip of parchment paper cut to fit the pan with a slight overhang. And grease the parchment paper again with butter.
- To the slightly cooled chocolate, whisk in the sugar and salt. Once smooth, whisk in the eggs until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour (do not over-mix) and then fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Ovens vary so start checking at 40 minutes. When done, the brownies will be just set if you jiggle the pan and a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out with a few moist crumbs. Be careful not to over bake. They will continue to cook and set up as the cool.
- Allow to cool in the pan. Use the parchment overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan and use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
Using both parchment paper and greasing is key to easily getting the brownies out in one piece for cutting.
- Serving Size: 1 large brownie
- Calories: 490
- Sugar: 49.5 g
- Sodium: 163.4 mg
- Fat: 26.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.9 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 89.1 mg
Keywords: Fudgy Brownies, Fudgy Brownie Recipes