Layered S’Mores Brownies are the perfect summer dessert! Graham cracker crust, fudge brownie center, and a toasted marshmallow topping. Ooey, gooey, but with the perfect graham cracker crunch. This S’More Dessert is a must make!
What You’ll Need for the Best S’Mores Brownies:
- Graham crackers – just enough to make a layer on the bottom of your brownie pan
- Ingredients for my Fudgy Brownies
- Dark, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate
- Mini Marshmallows for the top!
Tips for Making the Layered Brownies:
- Grease AND use parchment paper. Brownies can already stick to the pan, but the marshmallow pan is EXTRA sticky. I like to first spray the pan with cooking spray, then line with a strip of parchment paper, then spray again! The parchment paper allows you to lift the brownies out of the pan for cutting
- Once the brownies are baked, we add mini marshmallows on top then broil until toasty. Make sure you watch the entire time you are toasting the marshmallows. It only takes a minute or two for them to get nice and golden brown. But they go from golden to burnt very quickly!
- Let the brownies cool completely! I know how tempting it is to break into them right away. But letting them cool makes them 10x easier to cut up.
- Cutting the bars can be a sticky mess, but not if you grease your knife. After using the cooled brownies with the parchment paper to a cutting board, grab a sharp knife. I like to use my chef’s knife (this is my go-to). Spray the blade with some cooking spray, the knife will glide through the marshmallow without sticking. It’s also helpful to wipe off and respray the knife in between cuts if it starts to get gunked up.
I highly recommend serving the brownies with a cold glass of milk. Enjoy!
Transform rich fudge brownies into an easy layered S’Mores dessert. S’Mores Brownies pair a graham cracker crust, thick fudge brownie, and a toasted marshmallow topping. S’more flavor without the bonfire. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 8oz semisweet, bittersweet, or dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- cooking spray and parchment paper (to grease pan)
- 5–6 sheets graham crackers (depending on pan size)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a double boiler (a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water) melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. When melted, remove bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Letting the chocolate cool a bit helps make sure we don’t cook our eggs in the batter.
- While the chocolate is cooling, grease an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray. Add in a strip of parchment paper cut to fit the pan with a slight overhang. Spray again. Marshmallows are sticky!
- Line the bottom of the pan with graham crackers. You will have to cut some of the pieces to fit.
- To the now slightly cooled chocolate, stir in the sugar and salt. Once smooth, stir in the eggs. Fold in the flour (do not over mix).
- Pour batter over the graham cracker layer. Bake in the preheated oven. For an 8×8 pan it takes about 45 minutes. A 9×9 pan will take 35-40 minutes. The brownies are done when they are set and a toothpick comes out mostly clean with a few crumbs.
- Immediately sprinkle on the mini marshmallows. Move the rack to the upper third. Place back in the oven with the broiler on high. Broil for 1-2 minutes, watching the entire time. The marshmallows will puff up and turn golden brown. Be sure to remove before the marshmallows burn.
- Allow to cool before cutting. Use the parchment paper to lift the brownies out onto a cutting board. Spray a very sharp knife with cooking spray and cut into squares. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American