Cinnamon Glazed Peach Pop Tarts are the perfect way to use up the last of the summer peaches. Made quick by using frozen puff pastry, these pop tarts only take 15 minutes to prep and pop in the oven. Top them off with an easy cinnamon icing and you've got an easy yet impressive sweet treat.
Ingredients for the Peach Pop Tarts
You only need 4 simple ingredients to make the puff pastry pop tarts! An easy way to use up some summer fruit.
- Puff Pastry
- Peaches - If you have lots of peaches, I also love to make this Grilled Peach Crisp.
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon Icing Ingredients
Drizzled over the baked peach pop tarts is an easy Cinnamon Glaze. You could also use the icing for a dunking situation. I am totally here for it and support you!
- Powdered Sugar
- Melted Butter
- Cinnamon and Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
Why Puff Pastry?
Puff Pastry is the saving grace here. Puff Pastry is layers of butter and dough which produces flaky, delicious layers. It's sold in the freezer section and can be kept in your freezer until ready to use. It only needs to thaw for about 30 minutes before using.
Perfect ingredient to have on hand when you're craving something indulgent. OR, if you're really feeling ambitious, you can make it yourself. I made this recipe using store-bought, but here's a great tutorial on how to make it yourself.
How To Make Puff Pastry Pop Tarts
First step is to toss chopped peaches with a little brown sugar and vanilla extract. Not too much. But just enough to help bring out the flavor of the peaches. Then, you'll sandwich the peach mixture between two squares of puff pastry. Pinch up the edges and bake! Super easy.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Cinnamon Glazed Peach "Pop Tarts"
Cinnamon Glazed Peach Pop Tarts are the perfect way to use summer peaches. Made quick by using frozen puff pastry, these pop tarts only take 15 minutes to prep. Topped with an easy cinnamon icing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Peach Pop Tarts
- 2 sheets puff pastry (from one 17.3 oz box. )
- 1 lb ripe peaches (about 2 large peaches. Chopped into small chunks)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted. see note)
- ¾ cups powdered confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pinch salt (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- While the oven preheats, take the puff pastry out of the freezer to thaw at room temperature. You want the puff pastry to thaw for about 30 minutes so it's pliable without cracking, but not warm and still has a chill to it.
- Toss the chopped peaches with the brown sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- When the oven is preheated and the puff pastry has thawed, form the pop tarts. Roll out each puff pastry sheet and cut each into 6 rectangles. You'll have 12 rectangles. Place 6 of the pieces onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the peach mixture onto the 6 rectangles, then top with the remaining 6 pieces. Stretch the top piece over the peaches and pinch along the edges using the back of a fork to seal the edges. Brush the tops with a little water.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- While the pop tarts bake, make the cinnamon icing. In a small bowl, stir together the Icing ingredients with a fork. If the icing is too thin, add a little more powdered sugar. If the icing is too thick, add a little more water a teaspoon at a time.
- Drizzle over the baked pop tarts and enjoy!
- Leftover pop tarts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.
If you use salted butter for the glaze, then use the tiniest pinch of salt.
Keywords: Homemade Pop Tarts, Puff Pastry Pop Tarts