This Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cake is extra moist and loaded with fresh apple chunks. And don’t forget about the crunchy cinnamon sugar topping. Meet your new favorite fall dessert (or even serve as a sweet treat at brunch).
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (can sub 1 tablespoon white vinegar mixed with enough milk to equal one cup. Let sit for 5 minutes before using.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter (or use cooking spray) a 13 x 9 pan or baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, egg, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla extract. Once mixed, stir in the flour and then fold in the apples. Pour into greased pan.
- For the topping – mix together the butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Using your fingers, sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake batter. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: American