Fresh Cucumber Dill Bites are the perfect easy, no cook, bite size appetizer for your next party or potluck. Cucumber slices are topped with fresh dill cream cheese. A great, healthier, alternative to your typical party snack.
- 8 ounces plain block cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill (plus additional for topping)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Into the softened cream cheese, mix in the dill, spices, and lemon juice. You can do this by hand, but I prefer to use a mixer on medium-high to get the mixture smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with your preferred tip, or a zip top bag. Place in the refrigerator while you slice the cucumber.
- Slice the cucumber into 1/4 inch rounds. You can leave the cucumber unpeeled or you can peel strips to form a striped look. Pipe the cream cheese onto the rounds and top with dill if desired.
- Serve immediately.
The leftover cream cheese can be store in the refrigerator, sealed, for up to 5 days.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American