It's no secret that my go to party food typically involves cheese in some form. Cheese board? Cheese dip? The list goes on. But sometimes you want to feel a little better about eating half the appetizer tray. So what do we do? We put cheese on a vegetable. They totally cancel each other out right? RIGHT?
These bites are super easy to make with just a few ingredients. And no cooking required. I've made these both with your average cucumber and those cute little mini cucumbers, both work great.
Fresh Cucumber Dill Bites are the perfect easy, no cook, bite size appetizer for your next party or potluck. Cucumber slices are topped with fresh dill cream cheese. A great, healthier, alternative to your typical party snack.
- 8 ounces plain block cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 2 large cucumbers
- ¼ cup minced fresh dill (plus additional for topping)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Into the softened cream cheese, mix in the dill, spices, and lemon juice. You can do this by hand, but I prefer to use a mixer on medium-high to get the mixture smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with your preferred tip, or a zip top bag. Place in the refrigerator while you slice the cucumber.
- Slice the cucumber into ¼ inch rounds. You can leave the cucumber unpeeled or you can peel strips to form a striped look. Pipe the cream cheese onto the rounds and top with dill if desired.
- Serve immediately.
The leftover cream cheese can be store in the refrigerator, sealed, for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American