Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Bars are soft, made with clean ingredients, and easy to mix up. Adult and Kid-friendly, these cookie bars taste like your favorite Oatmeal Cookie without any of the guilt. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (can sub all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used mini!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nut butter (I used almond butter. Peanut butter or cashew butter would be fab.)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Prepare your pan. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. I like to do both!
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, slat, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Eggs, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix with a spoon, rubber spatula, or fork until the ingredients are well blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl, mixing until combined. Pour dough into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16-19 minutes. The bars will be set (ie, not jiggly when you shake the pan), and very lightly browned. I like the bars a little gooey in the middle, so bake according to your preference. Enjoy 🙂
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American, Cookies