Minestrone Soup is an Italian vegetable soup that is hearty, thick, and full of flavor. It often has pasta or rice in the tomatoey broth which just adds to the comfort factor. I love the versatility of Minestrone - it's perfect to use up whatever vegetables you have left in your fridge. My ideal minestrone is filled with tomato flavor, Italian herbs, and I always add pasta. The Instant Pot allows you to have Minestrone Soup ready in under an hour. Dinner is served.
Ingredients You'll Need for the Instant Pot Minestrone Soup:
- Lots of Veggies! Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Zucchini, and Green Beans
- Spices for Flavor! Dried Basil, Dried Oregano, Fennel Seeds, Dried Bay Leaves, Salt and Pepper.
- Can of Cannellini Beans - You can also use kidney beans as a substitute.
- A Jar of your Favorite Marinara Sauce
- Water - because we're using Marinara Sauce the water thins it out to make a nice tomato broth, without adding another thing to your shopping list.
- Basil Pesto
- Small Pasta - I used elbow macaroni
Making soup in your Instant Pot is so easy. I love the ability to use the Saute function to cook up some of the veggies and spices to get the most flavor. Then just stir in the remaining ingredients (minus the pasta) and cook on High Pressure. Once done cooking and releasing the pressure, all you have to do is stir in the dry pasta and it will cook right in the soup. There are lots of Minestrone recipes out there, but I promise you'll love this one. By using a jar of your favorite marinara and basil pesto, this Instant Pot Minestrone delivers extra flavor. No sad soups here!
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Classic Minestrone soup made in minutes in your Instant Pot! Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is hearty and filled with veggies, beans, and pasta. Jarred marinara and basil pesto adds extra flavor. Healthy, nutritious, vegetarian, and easily made vegan. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots (diced)
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 large zucchini (chopped)
- 8 ounces fresh green beans (ends trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 16oz can Cannellini Beans (Rinsed and drained)
- 1 24oz jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 cup small pasta (like elbow macaroni)
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the high Sauté setting. Add the olive oil. When oil is hot, add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in dried basil, oregano, fennel seeds, and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring, until fragrant. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add bay leaves, zucchini, green beans, canned beans, marinara sauce, water, and pesto. Stir to combine.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 4 minutes. Natural Release the pressure for about 5 minutes then Quick Release the pressure (If liquid starts to spurt out when Quick Releasing, then allow to Natural Release for a couple more minutes).
- When pressure is released, remove lid, and leave the Instant Pot on warm. Stir in the pasta and allow the pasta to cook in the soup. Stir occasionally so nothing sticks to the bottom. It will take about 10 minutes for the pasta to cook to al dente but it will vary based on your Instant Pot and pasta shape.
- When pasta is cooked, serve and enjoy! I love adding grated parmesan on top and having a piece of crusty bread on the side.
This soup is best served and eaten right away. As the soup sits, the pasta will continue to absorb liquid making the soup very thick. If reheating leftovers later you can add a little water to thing it out.
- Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 10.1 g
- Sodium: 1091.5 mg
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.1 g
- Fiber: 9.2 g
- Protein: 11.3 g
- Cholesterol: 2.2 mg
Keywords: Minestrone Soup, Easy Minestrone Soup