Everyone’s favorite, classic beef stroganoff made in just one-pot! Made with affordable ground beef and using greek yogurt instead of sour cream lightens up the recipe. A healthier, affordable take on a classic dish. I promise this no-fuss, lighter beef stroganoff recipe will be a family favorite!
What you’ll need for this Healthier Ground Beef Stroganoff:
- Mushrooms, onion, and garlic
- Ground beef
- Dried thyme, paprika, and dijon mustard.
- 1 box of beef broth
- Egg noodles
- Plain greek yogurt – hello creamy!
This lighter beef stroganoff is truly a one-pot MIRACLE! The egg noodles cook right in the skillet soaking up the broth and some of the yummy beef and mushroom flavor. Stir in greek yogurt at the end and dinner is served! Less mess and less fuss. A double win!
How to make One-Pot Beef Stroganoff:
- First, Cook the mushrooms and onions in butter in a BIG, deep skillet or dutch oven.
- Add in the beef and crumble as it cooks. Then add in the garlic and spices at the end.
- Next, add the flour and cook for a minute until browned. Add the broth and dijon and scrape up any yummy bits on the bottom.
- Stir in the noodles and simmer away!
- Voila! Finally, stir in the greek yogurt, garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Is this classic beef stroganoff not the perfect comfort food? I promise you won’t even notice that it’s been lightened up. And on your table in just over 30 minutes. It’s the perfect weeknight meal.
Everyone’s favorite, comforting Beef Stroganoff but conveniently made in one-pot and using ground beef to cut down on costs. It’s lightened up by using greek yogurt instead of sour cream. But you won’t even notice! Perfect weeknight dinner that is ready in just 30 minutes. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced thick)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic (minced. About 1/4–1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I used 2% fat, but nonfat works too!)
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large, deep sided skillet or dutch oven melt the butter on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are tender and lightly browned. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef to the mushrooms and onions and season with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble the beef, cooking for 3-5 minutes. Once the beef is crumbled and browned, add the garlic, thyme, and paprika. Cook for about 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in the flour for about 1 minute until lightly browned. Add the broth and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan. Air in dijon mustard and egg noodles.
- Bring to a boil, cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the noodles are cooked. About 8-10 minutes.
- Once noodles are cooked, gently stir in the greek yogurt. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American