Baked Turkey Meatballs are healthy, no chopping required, and require just a few simple ingredients. Just mix them up, roll, and bake! They’re versatile – enjoy as is, tossed with your favorite spaghetti marinara, or even as part of a salad. The options are endless! And, did I mention they are freezer friendly! Freeze them before or after baking for a perfect meal prep solution right in your freezer.
Baked Turkey Meatball Ingredients:
Just mix up the ingredients and roll!
- Ground Turkey (or chicken)
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan
- Spices: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper
How to Freeze the Meatballs:
- After Baking: To freeze the baked turkey meatballs, follow the recipe and bake the meatballs. Allow to cool then freeze. To avoid the meatballs from sticking, freeze the meatballs on a sheet pan or plate first then transfer to a container or plastic bag. You then can reheat the frozen meatballs from frozen by warming in the oven (400°F for 15-20 minutes), in the microwave, or my favorite – simmering in delicious marinara sauce to be served over pasta.
- Before Baking: Freeze the unbaked meatballs on a baking sheet before transferring to a plastic bag or container. Bake the frozen meatballs, without thawing, at 400° F for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
Meatballs are a perfect meal prep solution because they are so versatile! The obvious option is to serve with marinara and pasta sauce, on their own dipped into a sauce, turned into meatball subs or sliders, thrown into a bowl with any carb and veggies, or even on top of a salad.Print
Baked Turkey Meatballs are healthy and require just a few simple ingredients. Just mix them up, roll, and bake! They’re versatile and freezer friendly! You can freeze them before or after baking.
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mix and Roll Meatballs
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Roll into ~1.5 tablespoon sized balls. I like to use a small cookie scoop to achieve even sizes.
Freeze or Bake Meatballs
- To Bake: Place meatballs an inch or two apart on a baking sheet and bake in a 400° F preheated oven for about 20 minutes until cooked through.
- To Freeze: Place meatballs on a baking sheet or plate and freeze before transferring to a container or bag. Bake from frozen at 400°F for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Freezing the Baked Meatballs: After baking the meatballs, allow to cool then freeze on a baking sheet and transfer to a bag or container. To reheat the meatballs, you can simmer in a sauce, warm in the microwave, or bake in the oven at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American