This easy Crushed Pineapple Cake is sweet, moist and flavorful. Topped with a rich cream cheese frosting. A can of crushed pineapple plus other simple ingredients are all you need. This Pineapple Sheet Cake is a crowd pleaser and perfect for your next party or event.
6 Ingredients for this Easy Pineapple Cake:
- Baking soda and salt
- A can of crushed pineapple
This sheet cake is so simple to make. First, mix up the eggs and sugar. I use my stand mixer but you could do this in a large bowl using a hand mixer as well. Then mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, and crushed pineapple. Mix it up until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Finally, pour the batter into the prepared 9x13 baking dish. I like to line mine with parchment paper to make it easy to lift the cake out. The Crushed Pineapple Cake is done when dark golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Softened Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
While the cake cools, make the yummy cream cheese frosting. First, mix together the softened cream cheese and butter. Then (slowly at first!) mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Scrape down the sides a few times in between mixing. Finally you're left with a rich, creamy frosting.
Spread the frosting all over your pineapple sheet cake and top with sprinkles, of course!
This cake just screams summertime! But, due to the canned pineapple and simple ingredients, it's perfect to make year-round.
Easy Pineapple Cake made with crushed pineapple and topped with a rich cream cheese frosting. Just a few simple ingredients for this flavorful sheet cake. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (including juice)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature. Salted or unsalted is fine)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- In your stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, mix the sugar and eggs for 1 minute. Add the pineapple, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool.
- While cake is cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. Mix together the cream cheese and butter (using a hand mixer or stand mixer). Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides occasionally and mix until combined and creamy.
- Spread the icing over the cooled cakes and serve.
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American