Made right in your pressure cooker – this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect for chilly weather. Simple, comforting, and healthy. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 small to medium yellow onion
- 3 medium carrots (peeled and diced or sliced into rounds)
- 3 stalks celery (diced or sliced into half moons)
- 2 teaspooos minced garlic
- 8 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot using the Sauté function. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and a heavy pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies are starting to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves. Stir and cook for 1 minute more. Add the chicken stock (scraping any bits off the bottom), then add the chicken breasts. Add a final pinch of salt and pepper.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set vale to sealing. Cook for 10 minutes on Manual High Pressure.
- When the IP is done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, and remove the chicken breasts to a plate. Turn the IP back to Sauté, and bring the soup to a simmer. Add in the egg noodles and cook on a simmer/low boil until the noodles are tender. About 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks.
- Stir back in the shredded chicken, the fresh parsley, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve immediately.
- To Make Ahead: Don’t add the egg noodles. If the noodles sit in the soup, they’ll soak up the broth and get soft and mushy. Instead, boil and drain them separately. When you’re ready to eat, put some cooked noodles in the bottom of your bowl and ladle the soup on top.
- To Freeze: Keep the noodles out of it and just freeze the veggie/chicken soup. When you’re defrosting the soup, boil up some noodles and then combine.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American