This Raspberry Tequila Cooler is a little sweet, a lot refreshing, and simple to make! Just smash some fresh berries with some basil and mix with lemonade, tequila, and a little sparkling water for some bubbles. Perfect simple tequila cocktail for a hot summer day.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
This tequila cocktail recipe is perfect for when you want something delicious with simple, easy to find ingredients. Here’s what you need including substitutions:
- Tequila – I prefer using silver tequila for this, but you can use gold as well. Don’t like tequila? This cocktail would also be great with vodka.
- Fresh Raspberries – You can experiment with different berries as well. I also love using blackberries!
- Fresh Basil – Muddling basil leaves with the raspberries adds the best subtle flavor. It would also be great with another herb like thyme or mint.
- Sparkling Water – You can also use club soda
- Ice – This tequila cocktail is best served on the rocks!
Cocktail Tools You’ll Need:
You don’t need any fancy tools to make a good cocktail. Don’t have a cocktail shaker or muddler? That’s okay! You can use tools that you have on hand.
- Muddler – A muddler is used to mash up the berries and basil. If you don’t have a muddler, that’s okay! You can use something else like the end of a spatula to mash things up in a mug or glass.
- Strainer – I like to strain the cocktail into the glass to remove the raspberries seeds and smashed basil leaves.
- Cocktail Shaker or Pitcher – You need something to mix up the tequila, muddled berries, and lemonade. A cocktail shaker or pitcher is the classic choice but you can even stir it all up in a large glass or liquid measuring cup.
Tequila Cooler Recipe Tips
- Taste and adjust. One of the best parts about making your own cocktails, is that you can adjust to your liking! If you like sweeter cocktails, you can add a little extra lemonade or less tequila. Want it stronger? Don’t be shy with the tequila! Consider the recipe a starting point that you can make adjustments too.
- As the ice melts, it will become less strong. Keep this in mind if it’s a hot day or if you’re a slow sipper. As the ice melts, it will dilute the drink.
- Leave Room for Sparkling Water – When pouring into glasses, leave room to top with sparkling water. The amount is up to your tastes. In a tumbler, I usually leave about a 1/2 inch.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get new recipe notifications straight to your inbox as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! Click Here!Print
This Raspberry Tequila Cooler is a little sweet, a lot refreshing, and simple to make! Just smash some fresh berries with some basil and mix with lemonade, tequila, and a little sparkling water for some bubbles. Perfect, simple tequila cocktail for a hot summer day.
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2–3 large basil leaves, extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) tequila
- 1 2/3 cups lemonade
- Sparkling Water or Club Soda, to top
- Muddle Berries and Basil – In a cocktail shaker, glass jar, or cocktail pitcher muddle the raspberries and basil leaves together. The goal is to mash everything together to release the juices.
- Mix in Lemonade and Tequila – Mix in the tequila and lemonade.
- Strain into Glasses – To remove the raspberry seeds and basil leaves, I like to pour the drinks through a strainer into the glasses over ice. Leave room in the glasses to top with sparkling water.
- Serve – If desired, top with a couple fresh raspberries and a basil leave.
Taste and Adjust – Depending on how sweet you like your drinks, you can use more or less lemonade as well as adjust the amount of tequila. This recipe is very easy to adjust to your tastes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Cocktail
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Raspberry Tequila Cooler, Tequila Cocktail Recipe, Berry Tequila Cocktail