One of my favorite ways to meal prep is by making any and everything in Bowl form. This lets you prepare all the pieces in advance then come meal time you just have to assemble your bowl. This allows for lots of customization.. aka no getting bored of eating the exact same thing over and over again. These Crispy Chickpea Burrito Bowls fit the bill! Meal prep friendly, vegan, healthy, and clean ingredients!
Not only meatless, but these Crispy Chickpea Burrito Bowls can easily be made vegan and dairy-free. With the protein from the chickpeas, black beans, AND quinoa you won't even miss the meat. Lots of fiber in addition to the protein makes these nice and filling. Perfect for dinner or lunch.
Seasoning for the Crispy Chickpeas:
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper - Optional for some heat!
Steps to make these Vegan Burrito Bowls:
- Roast the chickpeas then toss with the easy taco-inspired spice mixture.
- Cook up your rice or quinoa and toss with some lime juice and cilantro.
- Saute peppers and onions and prep the final ingredients. Rinse the beans, slice the tomatoes, and avocado.
- Finally, assemble the bowls! Top with any other toppings you'd like - salsa, pico, extra lime juice etc.
Like these Chickpea Burrito Bowls? Other Chickpea Recipes You'll Love:
- Spicy Tomato Chickpeas with Quinoa
- Easy Hummus Recipe
- Lemon Chickpea & Quinoa Mason Jar Salads
- Chickpea Tikka Masala
- Greek Chickpea Salad
What kind of toppings will you put on your Crispy Chickpea Burrito Bowl? Let me know in the comments!
Crispy Chickpea Burrito Bowls
Crispy Chickpea Burrito Bowls are meal prep friendly and vegetarian (even vegan). Protein and fiber from the chickpeas, quinoa, AND black beans. These vegan burrito bowls are perfect for a weekday lunch or dinner. Recipe at Kathleenscravings.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (Rinsed, drained, and patted dry)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional - for some heat!)
Bowl Components - Mix and Match to your liking
- 1 cup dry quinoa (cooked according to package directions. Can substitute rice. )
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 15oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 bell peppers (colors of choice, chopped, sliced, or spiralized)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped, sliced, or spiralized)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- lime wedges, salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, shredded mexican cheese (other topping ideas!)
- Make the Crispy Chickpeas - Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. On a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat, toss your dried chickpeas with olive oil and the salt. Spread into an even layer. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing the chickpeas every 10 minutes to ensure even roasting. When the chickpeas are done roasting (they will be lightly browned but not burnt), Remove from the oven and toss in a large bowl with the remaining chickpea seasonings. The oil from roasting the chickpeas should help the spices stick to the chickpeas. But if the spices aren't sticking well enough you can add a little bit more oil.
- While your chickpeas are roasting prep your other bowl ingredients. Cook your rice or quinoa according to package directions. When the quinoa or rice is done, toss with the lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro.
- If you're having peppers and onions, preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil of your choice, and saute the peppers and onions for 4-6 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble bowls to enjoy now or meal prep for later.
The key to crispy chickpeas is to dry them very well after rinsing. If you want to take the extra step, you can remove the skins from the chickpeas. It takes a few extra minutes but it REALLY makes them extra crispy.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 620
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 1189.4 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 89.8 g
- Fiber: 25.7 g
- Protein: 25.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Crispy Chickpea Burrito Bowls, Chickpea Burrito Bowls